Missouri Judicial Performance Review Committee
The Missouri Bar Board of Governors is seeking applications from members of the public (not members of The Missouri Bar) residing in the 31st Judicial Circuit (Greene County) for appointment to fill the remainder of an unexpired term on the Missouri Judicial Performance Review Committee (through 2024).
The Missouri Judicial Performance Review Committee was created by order of the Supreme Court of Missouri to review the performance of appellate, circuit, and associate circuit judges selected pursuant to article V, sections 25(a) to (g) of the Missouri Constitution (the Missouri Nonpartisan Court Plan).
The committee is charged with the following duties:
- Collect information on judicial performance, including survey responses from lawyers, jurors, litigants, and other reliable sources;
- Review judicial performance based on performance review standards adopted by the committee;
- Determine whether a judge substantially meets overall judicial performance review standards by a vote of the members of the committee;
- Communicate the vote on the proposition to the judge and provide a process by which the judge may communicate additional information to the committee and request a reconsideration of the vote before the vote is made public; and
- Release information to the public about the judicial performance review process and the final vote of the committee on or before October 1 of an election year by The Missouri Bar and its affiliates in a manner designed to maximize the use of the information by the public.
The committee consists of 21 members: one member of The Missouri Bar and one member of the general public (not a member of The Missouri Bar) residing in each circuit where judges are selected under the Nonpartisan Court Plan; and one member of The Missouri Bar, one member of the general public, and one retired judge from each district of the Court of Appeals. The Supreme Court of Missouri appoints the retired judges, while the Board of Governors of The Missouri Bar appoints the remaining members. Each member serves a six-year term, with a limit of two terms. The individual appointed to fill the existing vacancy would be eligible to serve two full six-year terms.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a statement of interest and complete biographical information (CV or resume) This seat will be open until it is filled. Please direct any questions concerning the appointments process or specific appointments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Missouri Bar is committed to diversity in its appointments.