Career Opportunities and Requests for Proposal
Citizenship Education Administrative Assistant
The Missouri Bar, a statewide nonprofit legal organization, seeks an assistant to provide administrative support to the Citizenship Education department. The ideal candidate is highly organized and tech savvy with superb customer service and attention to detail, especially when coordinating events. The ability to interact with staff, Missouri judges and lawyers, educators, and the public in a fast-paced environment while remaining adaptable, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is crucial to this role.
- General clerical and administrative duties
- Handle requests for information and data by responding to e-mails and phone
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Arrange, schedule and coordinate meeting, appointments, and some travel arrangements
- Conduct research
- Serve as registrar for meetings and events
- Attend planning meetings for different programs conducted by the department
- Prepare resource packets to accompany different programs
- Provide on-site assistance during programs
- Prepare print and electronic mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to operate iMIS, membership database
- Superb customer service
- Sound judgement and confidentiality
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Position located in Jefferson City. To learn more, visit MoBar.org. Apply by sending cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Preference given to applications received by Dec. 20. EOE
The Missouri Bar seeks a versatile communicator to support the work of multiple departments including Member Services and MoBarCLE by assisting in developing, carrying out, and analyzing communications strategies to enhance engagement of Missouri lawyers with the bar’s services and resources.
The person in this role supports those strategies by creating original content and repurposing that content for publication to multiple audiences across multiple platforms. These strategies are designed to increase participation in MoBarCLE programs and keep members aware of all the services and resources available to them through The Missouri Bar. Of note, this role requires the ability to successfully analyze consumer data and marketing metrics to continually improve upon meeting or exceeding defined objectives.
- Coordinate with department staff to develop and implement communications plans and engagement strategies to increase awareness of CLE programs, publications, conferences, member services, and more
- Craft, implement, and routinely analyze engagement strategies incorporating email, print ads, social media posts, articles, and other content to promote MoBarCLE, member services, and more
- Monitor, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of marketing efforts and adjust as needed to improve outcomes
- Coordinate with other staff members to develop marketing tools to promote member benefits, law practice tools, and sponsor opportunities
- Carry out MoBar.org web advertising placements
- Assist in promoting community engagement with connect.MOBAR through informational content and monitoring topics of interest
- Promote the volunteer service of Missouri lawyers who are MoBarCLE authors and speakers and implement strategies to raise awareness of ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Help guide internal and public information strategies for print and web using discretion and independent judgment
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in creating content and analyzing the performance of such content on an array of legal issues
- Repurpose and manage distribution of content for various audiences across multiple print and new media platforms
- Help seamlessly carry out a diverse array of on-going, reoccurring, and one-time communications projects, simultaneously and within deadlines
- Consistently measure the success of internal and public information strategies to adapt content and delivery to continually improve upon the organization’s goals
- Provide communications and staff support at Missouri Bar events and conferences as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful track record in using analytics and SEO tools for email, web, and social media to improve engagement
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure to handle multiple tasks with frequent deadlines
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Make sound judgments and respond appropriately to a high volume of work
- Exhibit tact, diplomacy, and professionalism in communicating with elected and appointed leaders of the organization, and members of the bar
- Copywriting and editing experience using AP style
- Experience with content management systems and familiarity with HTML
- Comfort with incorporating and managing all social media platforms, including ads and metrics
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign or similar design and editing software
- Desire and ability to stay fluent in industry news to bring innovative ideas to enhance and improve the organization’s content
- Ongoing commitment to understand and grow with the organization
This position will work as part of a team to fulfill the organization’s communications objectives with its members and the public.
Degree in strategic communications or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
Position located in Jefferson City. Some travel required. To learn more, visit MoBar.org. Apply by sending cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference given to applications received by Dec. 20. EOE
Please note The Missouri Bar helps lawyers find jobs - and employers find lawyers - through Jobs for Missouri Lawyers, a service through our website offered at no cost to lawyers and employers.