Career Opportunities and Requests for Proposal
The Missouri Bar seeks a CLE Attorney. The position’s primary responsibilities are to develop, coordinate, and market continuing legal education programs and conferences through various delivery methods to improve Missouri lawyers’ knowledge of the law and to assist them in fulfilling their minimum continuing legal education requirements.
The ideal candidate will excel at communication and collaboration with volunteer lawyers, judges and staff. The ability to multi-task, organize multiple projects simultaneously and attention to detail are key qualities.
- Assist in developing an annual master calendar of programs and conferences
- Design professional development curricula, publications and resources for attorneys at all levels
- Recruit, assemble and effectively work with volunteer planning committees
- Recruit volunteer speakers and moderators
- Develop, produce, promote and market programs, resources and products
- Evaluate programs, resources, and products to assess new directions or improvements
- Review program submissions
- Negotiate and contract with national speakers
- Moderates and monitors programs
- Work with staff to keep website current
- Occasional travel to programs and meetings
- Work closely with an experienced staff
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable working directly with attorneys, judges, and Bar leadership
- Must be deadline driven and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong project management and follow-through
- Ability to work as team player
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using new technologies and demonstrated familiarity with social media, networking, video streaming and video conferencing
- Knowledge of and ability to efficiently use various software applications including Office 365
- Professional demeanor, presentation of self and vocabulary
Applicants must be licensed attorneys in good standing and admitted to The Missouri Bar or eligible to become a member. Law practice experience helpful and experience in CLE and project management is desirable.
Position located in Jefferson City. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Apply by sending cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference given to applications received by Jan. 26, 2021. EOE
Please note The Missouri Bar helps lawyers find jobs - and employers find lawyers - through Jobs for Missouri Lawyers, a service through our website offered at no cost to lawyers and employers.