Starting a Law Practice

Starting a Practice 

 Starting a Law Practice Kit and Checklist 


Choice of Entity

Do you need to contact The Missouri Bar if you're forming a law firm organized as a PC, LLC, LLP?

If forming a Professional Corporation, you will need to send the name of the proposed professional corporation to the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Missouri along with the names of the proposed lawyer-shareholders plus a $5.00 fee for each shareholder.  More information here. The Court will send you a Statement of Good Standing for each of the shareholders that will need to accompany your Articles of Incorporation that will be filed with the Secretary of State's Office. Write to: Clerk of the Supreme Court, P.O. Box 150, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0150.

If forming a sole proprietorship, LLC or LLP, the above is not required.

Free Online Legal Research

Fastcase Access  

Research | Write